About 1:15pm the presiding authority announced we who came in this afternoon were definitely needed and the people from this morning whose names she called could leave. The rest of us had better get water and do bathroom breaks now and be back around 1:25pm.
I looked down at my drawing. Amazing. It had turned into a Mirai Trunks. My very first. Made lots of nice long hair and got that peaked hair parted in the middle pretty good. After doing that for a couple of minutes I decided to give up on drawing since it sounded like we would be called soon. Pulled out my Asimov magazine and began reading. Headache was still VERY much apparent.
While I had carried LOTS of heavy-duty dbz KakaXVege and yuyu KuramaXHiei yaoi with me (and the bag was heavy too) I ended up not cracking any of it open because of the folks pressing around me. If I had been a bit more isolated, so if they got near me they would have seen it, I might have pulled it out. But I felt the innocents sitting right next to me did not need to glance over and see drawings of self-lubricating butts. Yeah, not feeling very rebel-like - probably was the headache.
Then we started getting called by our jury numbers (listed on the form). 80 to 800 went to one courtroom. 800 to 1500 (I was 1252) went to another. Of course it was on a different floor and the elevators were small and slow so it took forever to get there. Just like the last time, we had to file into this other holding area outside six courtrooms to sit and wait on the hard wooden benches.
Flashback: Last time I did this the group waited about 4 and a half hours for someone to come out. By 1:30pm someone finally popped out, told us to go to lunch and be back at a certain time. When we all got back we finally got inside the courtroom. Again, it took forever for the idiots to get through everything and no, I did not get picked. Then they sent us back down to the jury room instead of dismissing us! Shortly after we got back they did dismiss us.
When someone grumbled about sitting on the benches and wondering how long it would be I just told him about the 4 and half-hour wait from last time with a lot LESS benches so a lot of people had to STAND for that period of time, and to get comfortable. Continued to read and massage my poor headache. Had NO aspirin. Definitely found areas/lumps of severe pain in my temple, back of my neck, down my back, like pushing on a bruise. Kept yawning so I suspect my body was trying to tell me to shut down and go to sleep to escape the headache. Figured it was a combination of the 'delightful' weather+ozone we experience in this town, stress and actual sleepiness.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*